Wednesday, February 7, 2007

if you know what I mean


Driving East - Digital EP.


For me, Driving East have two things going for them:

1. They are from my hometown.

2. They play incredibly catchy pop-punk.

As one of The Militia Group's newest signings, they've got some of the most infectious songs you've ever heard. Barrett Mullins' voice often reminds me of early Fall Out Boy, but they're already writing the hooks that FOB are only just starting to write.

On top of all that, their live show is always a good time. I've been able to watch their crowds slowly grow over time, and see more and more people singing back at them. They always close with "Backseat," which is by far the fan favorite. But who doesn't love a song about a blowjob in the car?

If you're a fan of bands like Cartel, Fall Out Boy, or Hit The Lights, you should definitely be checking out their new four song EP on iTunes. I promise you won't be disappointed.

No comments: