Tuesday, January 30, 2007

call this a prelude.

Anberlin - Dismantle.Repair.

Anberlin have posted a second track from their upcoming album Cities on their myspace.

Personally, I have always liked Anberlin better on their harder, faster songs ("Godspeed," for example). However, this track breaks that streak for me. It's somewhere between "The Symphony Of Blase" and "Dance Dance Christa Paffgen" from Never Take Friendship Personal.

Stephen Christian's lyrics and vocal presence have become much stronger:

Hands like secrets are the hardest thing to keep from you / words and phrases like knives / your words can cut me through / dismantle me too / repair / you dismantle me / you dismantle me

You really can't ask for much better than that. I am getting more stoked for this album by the minute.

No comments: