Saturday, March 24, 2007

I'm sorry if I stole yo gurl.

Last night I went to see My Favorite Highway, The Friday Night Boys, Kenmore, Pictures In Pieces, Jefferson Third, and Suburban Riot at Jaxx Nightclub. I'm not sure I can give a proper review, as it's weird to try and critique the performances of my friends. Instead, I'll give you a brief summary of each band's sound.

If you'd like to see a full gallery of the photos I took of each band, just click on any of the images included here.

Suburban Riot.



The best way to describe them is ska without the horns. They're heavily influenced by Blink-182, and given that they're just high schoolers, if they keep at it they might end up being pretty good.


Jefferson Third.



Pretty much your average pop-punk band, these are some of the most hardworking guys I've ever met.


Pictures In Pieces.



Pop-punk similar to Saves The Day and Name Taken, these guys are going to explode soon.


Kenmore.



Kenmore used to be your average screamo band, and then somewhere along the way they learned how to write a good song. For fans of bands like Underoath.


The Friday Night Boys.



Pop. Pop. Pop. Very similar to Hellogoodbye, only a thousand times better.


My Favorite Highway.



Piano-based pop-rock that sounds like Jimmy Eat World meets Jack's Mannequin. Trust me, they are going to be THE next big thing.