Sunday, May 13, 2007

now that you're home, won't you rescue me?

New Sunday recommendations!


Manchester Orchestra.
I will straight up admit that I really disliked this band at first. I didn't understand the intense hype around them. It wasn't until I saw them with Brand New a second time that I understood them. I'm Like A Virgin Losing A Child is quickly becoming a new favorite.
themanchesterorchestra.com


The Format.
Dog Problems is an indiepop masterpiece. It's light and catchy with extraordinarily intelligent lyrics.
theformat.com


Kaddisfly.
Kaddisfly have recently released their second LP, Set Sail The Prairie. Their progressive post-hardcore is truly inventive and unlike most other music out there today.
kaddisfly.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

great recs!

Manchester Orchestra is one of my newest favorite bands and the format has been a favorite for a long time. Have you watched any of M.O.'s podcasts? They're hillarious.

S

Pop-Punk Junkie said...

Thanks! I keep meaning to check out Manchester's podcasts but never get around to it. Maybe I'll do that now.